Church Rooms Hire
The PCC welcomes private hire of the church rooms when it is not required for church use.For more information please contact Mrs. Shirley Sanderson on (01673) 843324.
PCC Conditions/Regulations for the use of the Church Room
The PCC welcomes private hiring’s of the church rooms when it is not required for church use. The rooms are let on the following conditions.
1. The PCC reserve the right to themselves and to any police officer to enter the church rooms at any time during the hiring.
2. Fire Officer Requirements
a. The capacity for the room is 55, and the fire exit door must be kept clear at all times, this is the door leading to the market place, it must not be used as a public exit/entry.
a. The PCC will make a charge to cover expenses b. Charge for any damage to the premises furniture, fittings or kitchen equipment. c. Reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee d. A charge of £30.00 deposit for bookings for parties, this will be refunded if the room is left in good order. e. Cheques should be made payable to “St Thomas’ PCC” Cheques for deposits will be returned, subject to condition (3).
4. The Church Room kitchen is not licenced for the preparation or cooking of food. Pre-prepared food can be heated and distributed.
5. The room must be left clean and tidy, the furniture returned to where it was when you entered the room. The furniture is not be stacked in front of the radiators. The floors are to be swept and any spillages cleaned up with all of the refuse removed from the room and from the kitchen. The bin contents are to be emptied into the dustbins at the side of the church. Liners are provided for use in the bins.
6. Nothing whatsoever is to be fixed to the walls or ceiling.
7. The person booking the premises is responsible for them during the period of the hire, and as such, must be present during the period of hire and will be liable for any damages under the term 3. d.
8) On vacating the premises the hirer will check that the appliances, taps and lights are all switched off, check the emergency door is secure ( it needs a very firm push), and on exiting check that the main doors are locked.
9. Any electrical equipment bought into the rooms must have current PAT tested certification.
10. Smoking is not permitted on the premises.